Two-day Level 3 Paediatric First Aid
Our two-day HSE compliant Level 3 Paediatric First Aid course combines online training with one day of face-to-face training. The course provides theoretical and practical training in First Aid techniques that are specific to infants aged 0 to 1, and children aged from 1 year old to the onset of puberty. Learners will become familiar with the role of the paediatric first aider and be able to assess and react appropriately to an emergency situation.This course is for people who care for babies and children in a professional setting, examples include; teachers, playgroup leaders, childcare providers, au pairs, nannies, child-minders or delegates working towards an NVQ in Childcare and Education.Did you know that it is a legal requirement for at least one person with a Level 3 Paediatric first aid certificate to be available at all times within all professional childcare establishments.
£89.99 No Hidden Cost
2 Days (blended learning)
Course Timings 09:30 - 18:30
Minimum age requirement is 16
The course is assessed by 2 multiple choice exams and a practical assessment
Result are available within 7-8 working days of the exams and assessment.
Successful candidates will receive a Hurak Level 3 Paediatric First Aid certificate.
For group bookings Click here and get a further discount on training courses.
Two-day Level 3 Paediatric First Aid course content
The course runs over 2 days (online training with one day of face-to-face training) and is divided into several units:
- Roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first-aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Managing an infant or child who is unresponsive
- Recognising and assisting an infant or child who is choking
- Recognising and assisting an infant or child with external bleeding and shock
- Managing an Infant or child with a minor injury
- Conducting a secondary survey
- An infant or a child with a suspected bone fracture
- An infant or a child with suspected head, neck or back injury
- An infant or a child with a condition that affects the ears, eyes and nose
- An infant or a child with an acute medical condition or sudden illness
- An infant or a child experiencing the effects of extreme heat or cold
- An infant or child who has sustained an electric shock
- An infant or a child with burns or scalds
- An infant or a child who has been poisoned
Upcoming Courses – Paediatric First Aid
Want to save some extra cash? Book in advance and save up to 30%!
Price Match Guarantee You won’t get it cheaper. Full stop!
Certified Organisation Approved by 7 external awarding bodies.
Nationwide Coverage 10+ locations all over the country.
Fast Track Service Cutting-edge tech allowing same-day results for most of our courses.
Money Back Guarantee You get the course you purchased or a 100% Money Back Guarantee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Paediatric First Aid refers to first aid practices for treatment of children and infants. Professionals involved with childcare in different capacities such as nannies, staff members of nurseries can benefit a lot by Paediatric First Aid training. These training programs help in handling injured or sick children and infants.
Professionals required to supervise infants or children should opt for the Paediatric First Aid Level 3 course. Dealing with different types of emergencies effectively is a natural expectation from such professionals and this course will make you capable of providing effective first aid.
When you complete this program successfully, the certificate you receive will remain valid for a period of 3 years.
Paediatric First Aid training program and its teachings will be useful only for children and infants.
Yes, you can upgrade from the one-day Emergency Paediatric First Aid to a two-day Paediatric First Aid, provided both are achieved within a 7-week period.
Yes, our HSE compliant certificate is nationally recognised and can be used as a part of your registration with Ofsted.